Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crochet Baby Blanket

I love to crochet.  I made this for my baby girl...


To make I used this basic pattern, changing colours and adding 3 more rounds, keeping pattern the same, to each square-

Round 1:
ch 6, form ring.
ch 3, 15 dc in ring, join in top of ch 3

Round 2:
ch 6, dc in same st, dc in next 3 sts, *(dc, ch 3 dc) in next st, dc in next 3 sts
repeat from * around, join in 3rd ch of ch 6.

Round 3:
Ch 3 (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch 3 sp, dc in each st with (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in each 3 ch sp, join in top of 3 ch.

Make enough squares until you have the size you want.
Join squares by placing 2 wrong sides together and using a single crochet in each stitch.
Then join rows of squares the same way.
Add a few rows of dc around the whole finished blanket keeping the corner pattern the same.
For the final row, use a shell edge of sc, dc in same stitch, dc, sc in next stitch, ch 1, miss one stitch, repeat.  For corners sc, 5 dc, sc.


If you do not know crochet already this will look like some secret code.
You too can learn the code by clicking here!
And you can find diagrams here.  Although I'd recommend finding a real person, these diagrams are confusing!!


1 comment:

  1. Very nice Thea. That still looks like a secret code to me - but I'll get there :O)

    ReplyDelete