Sunday, June 13, 2010

Girl's Feathers Hat


I made this for my 2 year old little girl.
Here is the pattern for 3 sizes - toddler, girl, teenager/adult

Using Feathers style yarn
5 1/2mm knitting needles
Cast on 60 (64, 70) stitches
Row 1 - 4 Knit 2, purl 2 to end
Change to 6mm knitting needles
Knit stocking stitch until work measures 16 (17, 18)cm from beginning ending with a purl row
Knit 2 together across the whole row
Purl
Knit 2 together across the whole row
Purl
Cut yarn at 30cm from end of work
Thread a wool needle onto yarn and pass the needle through all stitches left on the knitting needle
Remove knitting needle, pull stitches tight, sew seam down the back of the beanie.

I crocheted a flower that I found here to sew on the side.

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! I bet your daughter looks like an absolute cherub in it.

    My daughter had a similar one (in black) when she was about 4 - no I didn't make it! For some reason she called it her "Sam hat" - I have no idea why - so to this day, a cute hat like this is a "Sam hat" to me! (Maybe because her best friend at the time was Samantha and she had one? Who knows!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thea for giving me the link. I will make one up for my little grand-daughter. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete