Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Poncho!

Last year my good bloggy friend, Lucy, suggested I make ponchos for my shop.
I thought it was an excellent idea.
So I began one...last year.
And finished it...today!

Man, was there a lot of knitting involved.
It is simply one rectangle, with one end stitched to one side.
You can wear it any way you like. Just pop it on and twist it until you're happy.
I've never owned a knitted poncho before.
And the thing is, I love it so much I'm keeping it for me.

What do you think?
Cool or what??



The shorter one is a knitted rectangle, 45cm x 110cm



5 comments:

  1. Ok. I'll be honest. I hate ponchos. But this one is kind of awesome...LOVE those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ♥ a poncho.

    Did I tell you Lexie has one (in hot pink and pale pink stripes - no suprise there) and she calls it her "safety wear" as it keeps her safe and warm??!

    Thea, if you are in the market for a little more poncho activity, I'd buy one in chocolate brown/black/red swirls, in an un-hairy wool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And stripes swirls going in a flattering vertical kinda direction? Quote me?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! Definitely adding it my To Do list.

    Did you use variegated wool or change colours as you went along?

    ReplyDelete
  5. CraftyMummy - Oh great!! I used a Lincraft brand variegated yarn called 'Surprise'

    ReplyDelete